Fakhreddine ABABSA is a full Professor in Augmented Reality and Computer Vision at ENSAM since 2017. He is part of LISPEN Laboratory. He received his PhD degree from the University of Evry in 2002. He spent 13 years at IBISC Labroratory (University of Evry) as Associate Professor where he worked in the field of Computer Vision and Robotics. His current research focuses on Computer vision, augmented reality and human computer interactions. He is the author of more than 90 research papers in international academic journals and peer-reviewed conference proceedings. Since 2009, he is awarded a research excellence grant by the French high education ministry. He participated in several national and European research projects. He is member of IEEE, and he has participated in several technical committees of IEEE conferences.
- 2010 : HDR in Robotics, University of Evry, France
- 2002 : PhD in Robotics, University of Evry, France
Service to the Scientific Community
- Member of the French research group GDR ISIS (Information, Signal, Image and vision)
- Member of the French research group GDR ROBOTICS
- Member of the IEEE association
- Member of the AFRV association (Virtual Reality French Association)
- The Visual Computer (Springer)
- Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems (Springer)
- IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems
- IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing (TMC)
- IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics--Part B: Cybernetics
- IEEE Transactions on Robotics
- Pattern Recognition Letters (Elsevier)
- Computer Vision
- Virtual and Augmented Reality
- Oriented Object Programming
Publications (last 5 years)
- Q. Loizeau, F. Danglade, F. Ababsa, F. Merienne, Methodology for the Field Evaluation of the Impact of Augmented Reality Tools for Maintenance Workers in the Aeronautic Industry. Frontiers in Virtual Reality 1, 41. 2021
- F. Ababsa, H. Hadj-Abdelakader, M. Boui. 3D Human Pose Estimation with Catadioptric Sensor in Unconstrained Environments Using Annealed Particle Filter. Sensors 20 (23), 6985, 2020
- A. Khelalef, F. Ababsa, N. Benoudjit. An Efficient Human Activity Recognition Technique Based on Deep Learning. Pattern Recognit. Image Anal. 29, 702–715. https://doi.org/10.1134/S1054661819040084. 2019
- M. Boui, H. Hadj-Abdelkader, F. Ababsa, E.H. Bouyakhf. Pedestrian detection using catadioptric sensor. Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology. Vol. 96 n°8, pp. 2085-2094, 2018.
- F. Adjed, S.J.S. Gardezi, F. Ababsa, I. Faye, S.C. Dass. Fusion of structural and textural features for melanoma recognition. IET Computer Vision. DOI: 10.1049/iet-cvi.2017.0193. (September 2017)
- H. Elchaoui Elghor, D. Roussel, F Ababsa, E.H. Bouyakhf, “3D Plane-Based Maps Simplification For RGB-D SLAM Systems”. Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology, Vol. 93 n°2, pp. 402 - 411, 2016
- H. Hiyadi, F. Ababsa, C. Montagne, E.H. Bouyakhf, F. Regragui, “Dynamic Gesture Recognition For Natural Human System Interaction”. Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology, Vol. 93 n°2, pp. 374 - 388, 2016.
- C. Migniot, F. Ababsa. “Hybrid 3D–2D human tracking in a top view”. Journal of Real-Time Image Processing, Springer, Volume 11, Issue 4, pp 769–784, April 2016, (http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11554-014-0429-7)
- N-T Trung, F. Ababsa, M. Charbit. “A Robust Framework for Tracking Simultaneously Rigid and Non-Rigid Face using Synthesized Data”. Pattern Recognition Letters, Elsevier, Vol. 65, pp. 75-80, November 2015 (http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2015.06.028)
- M. Maidi, F. Ababsa, M. Mallem, M. Preda. “Hybrid tracking system for robust fiducials registration in augmented reality”. Journal of Signal, Image and Video Processing, Springer, Volume 9, Issue 4, pp 831–849, May 2015, http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11760-013-0508-4
Peer-Reviewed International Conference
- W. Almasri, D. Bettebghor, F. Ababsa, F. Danglade, F. Adjed. Deep Learning architecture for topological optimized mechanical design generation with complex shape criterion. The 34th International Conference on Industrial, Engineering & Other Applications of Applied Intelligent Systems (IEA/AIE 2021). Accepted. 2021
- F. Ababsa. Combining HoloLens and Leap-Motion for Free Hand-Based 3D Interaction in MR Environments. Augmented Reality Application in Manufacturing Industry: Maintenance and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Use Cases. Submitted to The 7th International Conference on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Computer Graphics (SALENTO AVR 2020)
- F. Ababsa. Augmented Reality Application in Manufacturing Industry: Maintenance and Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Use Cases. Submitted to The 7th International Conference on Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality and Computer Graphics (SALENTO AVR 2020)
- Q. Loizeau, F. Danglade, F. Ababsa, F. Merienne. Evaluating Added Value of Augmented Reality to Assist Aeronautical Maintenance Workers—Experimentation on On-field Use Case. In: Bourdot P., Interrante V., Nedel L., Magnenat-Thalmann N., Zachmann G. (eds) Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality. EuroVR 2019. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 11883. Springer, Cham. 2019
- F. Ababsa, H. Hadj-Abdelkader, M. Boui. 3D Human Tracking with Catadioptric Omnidirectional Camera. International Conference on Multimedia Retrieval (ICMR’19). Pages 73–77, 2019
- A. Fischini, F. Ababsa, M. Grasser. Usability of Augmented Reality in Aeronautic Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul. ICAT-EGVE 2018 - International Conference on Artificial Reality and Telexistence and Eurographics Symposium on Virtual Environments, pp. 191-194, 2018
- F. Ababsa, J. He, J. Chardonnet. Free Hand-Based 3D Interaction in Optical See-Through Augmented Reality Using Leap Motion. In EuroVR, London, UK, October 2018.
- M. Pruvost, P. Mialocq, F. Ababsa. Augmented Reality assistance for R&D assembly in Aeronautics. In: EuroVR, London UK, October 2018
- F. Ababsa, N-T. Tran, M. Charbit. Challenging 3D Head Tracking and Evaluation Using Unconstrained Test Data. The 21st International Conference Information Visualisation, IV 2017, pp. 205-210, 2017.
- A. Khelalef, F. Ababsa, N. Benoudjit, “A Simple Human Activity Recognition Technique Using DCT”. 17th International Conference on Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems ACIVS 2016, pp. 37-46, 2016.
- A. Khelalef, N. Benoudjit, F. Ababsa. A New Space - Time Technique for Human Activity Recognition using Skeletons and Discrete Cosine Transform. International Conference on Embedded Systems in Telecommunications and Instrumentation (ICESTI’16)
- H. Hiyadi, F. Ababsa, C. Montagne, E.H. Bouyakhf, F. Regragui, “Adaptive dynamic time warping for recognition of natural gestures”. IEEE IPTA 2016, pp. 1-6, 2016.
- H. Hiyadi, F. Ababsa, C. Montagne, E.H. Bouyakhf, F. Regragui, “Combination of HMM and DTW for 3D Dynamic Gesture Recognition Using Depth Only”, Springer, Series of Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, Volume 383, pp 229-245, 2016
- Amouri, F. Ababsa, “Sliding Movement Platform for Mixed Reality Application”, 7th IFAC Symposium on Mechatronic Systems MECHATRONICS 2016 , Volume 49, Issue 21, Pages 662–667, 2016
- H. Elchaoui Elghor, D. Roussel, F. Ababsa, E.H. Bouyakhf, “3D Planar RGB-D SLAM System”. 17th International Conference on Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems ACIVS 2016, pp. 486-497, 2016
- M. Boui, H. Hadj-Abdelkader, F. Ababsa, E.H. Bouyakhf, “New approach for human detection in spherical images”. IEEE ICIP 2016, pp. 604-608, 2016
- F. Adjed, I. Faye, F. Ababsa, S.J. Gardezi, S. Chandra Dass, “Classification of skin cancer images using local binary pattern and SVM classifier”, AIP Conference Proceedings 1787 (1), 080006, 2016
- N-T Tran, F. Ababsa, M. Charbit U3PT: A New Dataset for Unconstrained 3D Pose Tracking Evaluation. The 16th International Conference on Computer Analysis of Images and Patterns (CAIP’15), pp. 642-653.
- N-T Tran, F. Ababsa, M. Charbit. “Towards Pose-free Tracking of Non-rigid Face using Synthetic Data”. The 4th International Conference on Pattern Recognition Applications and Methods (ICPRAM’15), pp. 37-44.
- N-T Tran, F. Ababsa, M. Charbit. “Cascaded Regressions of Learning Features for Face Alignment”. The 16th International Conference on Advanced Concepts for Intelligent Vision Systems (ACIVS 2015), pp. 705-716.
- H. Hiyadi, F. Ababsa, C. Montagne, E.H. Bouyakhf, F. Regragui. Depth-based Approach for 3D Dynamic Gesture Recognition. The 12th International Conference on Informatics in Control, Automation and Robotics (ICINCO’2015)
- H. El Chaoui El Ghor, D. Roussel, F. Ababsa, E. H. Bouyakhf. “Planes Detection for Robust Localization and Mapping in RGB-D SLAM systems”. The 3rd international conference on 3D Vision (3DV’15).
- F. Adjed, I. Faye, F. Ababsa.” Segmentation of Skin Cancer Using an Extension of Chan and Vese Mode”. The 7th International Conference of Information Technology and Electrical Engineering (ICITEE 2015).
- V. Plaza-Leiva, J.A Gomez-Ruiz, F. Ababsa, A. Garcia-Cerezo, A. Mandow. Occupancy Grids Generation Based on Geometric-Featured Voxel Maps. The 23rd Mediterranean Conference on Control and Automation (MED 2015).
- V. Plaza, F. Ababsa, A.J. Garcia-Cerezo, J.A. Gomez-Ruiz. “3D Segmentation Method for Natural Environments based on a Geometric-Featured Voxel Map”. IEEE International Conference on Industrial Electronics, Seville, Spain, 2015.